Reconstruction, Resurfacing & Fabric Installation
Pavement work is done in one of two ways: with a pavement overlay (also known as resurfacing) when the subgrade is in good shape or through complete pavement and subgrade reconstruction. Minor problems can be fixed through repair work but when pavement deteriorates beyond a certain point, it needs to be replaced. The extent of damage will determine whether resurfacing or complete pavement and subgrade reconstruction is needed. Core testing can be done to determine the health of the asphalt subgrade.
When pavement is resurfaced, only the top layer of asphalt is replaced. The top asphalt layer is removed through the milling process and the subgrade is prepared for resurfacing. We often use paving fabric to extend the life of a pavement overlay. We use a high quality paving fabric called Mirapave® which forms an impermeable membrane between the pavement layers. Mirapave® prevents water from seeping through the pavement and causing damage to the underlying asphalt and subgrade. Use of paving fabric can improve the lifespan of pavement from 50% – 150%, greatly increasing its durability.
Milling & Milling Machine Rentals
Milling, also known as pavement profiling, is a process which produces a smooth, uniform section of pavement. It is used to remove old worn-out pavement, adjust pavement height and facilitate better drainage which is essential for long pavement lifespan.
When complete pavement reconstruction is needed, both layers of pavement (the surface and the subgrade layer) will be removed through milling. The site will be inspected and prepared for entirely new asphalt. Edge milling is also utilized to ensure the new pavement properly bonds to the concrete curb. Want to see how the process works? Check out the video here.
Eosso Brothers Paving has milling machines available to rent on a daily or project basis. All rentals include a trained person to operate the milling machine and mobilization to get the milling machine to and from your project location. Contact us directly for a quote and to arrange your rental.
Case Skid Steer 300- 24” $1,600 per day (8hr minimum)
Standard Rate: $ 1,600.00 per day Prevailing Rate: $ 2,100.00 per day
- Machine is used for trench milling, or cutting keyways for a resurfacing project- 24” wide- Can mill up to 2” deep/Can mill deeper but slower
- This Milling Machine has NO CONVEYOR- will need to dig millings from area
- Can bring pickup sweeper for an additional $ 300 : Attachment for machine
Bobcat Skid Steer 873- 40” $2,000 per day (8hr minimum)
Standard Rate: $ 2,000.00 per day Prevailing Rate: $ 2,500.00 per day
- Machine is used for trench milling, or cutting keyways for a resurfacing project- 24” wide-
- Can mill up to 2” deep/Can mill deeper but slower
- This Milling Machine has NO CONVEYOR- will need to dig millings from area Can bring pickup sweeper for an additional $ 300 : Attachment for machine\
Wirtgen W60 24” $2,500 per day (8hr minimum)
Standard Rate: $ 2,500.00 per day Prevailing Rate: $ 3,000.00 per day
- Machine is used for trench milling, or cutting keyways for a resurfacing project- 24” wide- has conveyor
- Can mill up to 10” deep
- Milling machine can do approx. up to 15,000 sf a day.
Wirtgen 200 87” $5,500.00 per day (8hr minimum)
Standard Rate: $ 5,500.00 per day Prevailing Rate: $ 6,000.00 per day
- 2” mill depth, this milling machine can do approx. 55,000 sf to 65,000 sf a day.
- 4-5” mill depth, this milling machine can do approx. 40,000 to 50,000 sf a day.
NOTE: The amount of (sf) we can mill in a day also depends upon the parking lot; Meaning if these will just be straight passes, or do we have to go around curbing or lighting etc.
The deeper we mill, the less sf will be done.
W200 Mill Machine will not come filled with water/ if tanks are filled – Overweight on truck and trailer
** Permits are needed for mobilization-
*We have water tanks available for rental if you cannot provide additional water for us onsite.
- 1,000 gallon water tank $300.00 per day, for the Wirtgen 120 48”
- 1,500 gallon water tank $450.00 per day, for the Wirtgen 200 87”
- If Concrete is encountered price to change
- Price is for Machine and Operator Only- Ground man, Trucks and equipment is owners responsibility. Contractor to supply machinery for cleanup.
- Payment terms: Check required onsite.
Sweeper $800.00 per day (3 hours) $400.00 minimum
Skid steer with broom $400.00 per day (1/2 day) $300.00 minimum
Dump truck with tandem $720.00 per day- $ 90.00 per Hour (8) Hour Minimum